Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Backfire of the healthcare overhaul

No, this is not going to be about how the healthcare reform was ruled to be unconstitutional.

This is going to be about how great certain law- and policymakers (we all know who they are) thought the reform was going to be. I thought the point of this all was to make healthcare affordable to all. Well, let me tell you how affordable it is going to be for me starting next year: my monthly premium is going up more than $200 per month. That is right, I already have the highest deductible plan available ($10000 out of pocket before insurance is going to kick in) and it costs me just shy of $300 per month right now. Starting in January, it will be over $500 per month. And before you can get carried away with all sorts of explanations, I am a healthy young adult male with no pre-existing conditions... kind of the cheapest and lowest risk type of person... the ones insurance companies love to insure because it just ends up being money in their pockets.

Thanks a lot. Way to make things a lot better for the citizens.

1 comment: