Thursday, January 27, 2011

Still alive... and the REAL answer to the worst movie ever.

So, I hear there is a thoroughly dedicated readership to this blog. Fear not, I have not forgotten you. To be honest, having Mondays off throws off my groove because I always think that Tuesday is Monday, and to be honest, Tuesday IS the new Monday. And in my universe, if you know me at all, you would understand if I just decide that Tuesday does not exist anymore. Except for the title of my blog. For that it is okay.

Also, I've been taking a poll of sorts on other social media outlets about what would constitute the worst movie ever made. While I don't want to throw a wrench in the beautiful thing I have going on at the other site, I figured I would chime in here. The worst movie ever made is indeed 2 Fast, 2 Furious. Besides the awful pun with the word "too" and this being the second (2 or two) movie in the franchise (can you believe it is actually a franchise? What is the world coming to?) this gloriously terrible movie showed us Paul Walker (who some would claim is the worst actor in the world) trying to act gangsta or something... and a terrible plot. Man, I wish I could find a real gem from this movie to share with you all. Then again, after watching it, you may never come back to my blog. Let it be enough to say that the last few exchanges of dialogue in the movie are about the worst words ever uttered.



I think what started this one on the wrong path was the addition of Tyrese Gibson and the subtraction of Vin Diesel (who really isn't that awesome either, but better than the former) and really Eva Mendes was about as dull and unbelievable as they come. But hey, maybe Tyrese needs another shot... you can catch him in Fast Five... yes, the 5th movie in the story... ugh.

I am sure that with some thought there are some other movies that I would say were pretty terrible (huh, just thought of Mission: Impossible 2), but definitely 2 Fast 2 Furious is the first that comes to mind.

4 comments:

  1. What? Mission impossible 2 rocked who wouldn't enjoy two guys using motorcycles as weapons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was partly due to the flowing hair, the unrealistic Matrix fight scenes and the general fact that Tom Cruise thinks he is better and more important than he really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Mission: Impossible 2 in the theater. It was awful. I fell asleep. And I completely agree with you when it comes to Tom Cruise. I haven't seen 2 Fast, 2 Furious, but the trailer you posted is evidence enough to support your claim. Also, I stil think you need to watch the movie I nominated. It's quite hilarious. There's a MST3K version of it that had us rolling with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember seeing MI:2 at a midnight launch with a bunch of friends. Were you there too? I only wish I could have fallen asleep in it.

    ReplyDelete